The Niagara Conservatory of Music offers both private and group music lessons in St. Catharines. For group lessons, students are placed in a class based on their age and level. Lessons are conducted on a weekly basis at the same time and with the same instructor each week here at the Conservatory. Group lessons are one hour in length, class sizes are 3 to 5 students, and all students are provided with their own instrument in the classroom. Private lessons are 30 minutes in length, again same time, and same instructor every week. Upon enrollment in a program will be developed specifically for your needs and interest. The studio also offers a waiting room for parents to use while their child is having their lesson.
The Niagara Conservatory of Music offers musical instruction in the following:
- Guitar (electric/acoustic/bass)
- Voice / Singing
- Glee Clubs
- Combo (band performance)
Students will be encouraged to participate in examinations, festivals, concerts, band programs, theory classes, and other events. These opportunities aim to enhance all aspects of their musical education. Examinations under the Ontario Music Teachers’ Guild are offered in January as well as June, and take place here at the Conservatory. Royal Conservatory (RCM) examinations may be scheduled throughout the year and take place in varying locations in the city.
We also offer a 6-week introductory course. Learn more about it.
We are excited to announce the launch of our Early Childhood Music Education (ECME) programs in the fall of 2016. ECME programs will range from birth to 18 months of age, 18 months to 3 years of age, as well as for children 3 to 4 years of age. These exciting new programs will be conducted by Rhonda B. Divitaris, first class honours graduate of the University of Toronto, Royal Conservatory of Music for over 30 years, who specializes in early childhood music education, piano, voice, and theory instruction. These 8 week programs will end with an opportunity for the parents and children involved to gain some very valuable performing experience at one of our annual concerts and/or music festivals!
Studio hours - Open 6 days a week
Monday - Thursday: 3:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
The Conservatory is closed and therefore no lessons are given on the following holidays:
Christmas break (the week between Christmas and New Year’s), Easter Sunday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, and we are closed for 3 weeks during the summer holidays (last week in July to mid August).
We accept payment by Cash, Cheque, Visa, Mastercard, or InterAc.
Fees are payable on the 1st lesson of the month.
Please provide post-dated cheques or pre-authorized credit card payments, dated for the first of each month. ($20 NSF charge for returned cheques).
Late payments may be subject to suspension of classes. ($10 late fee may apply).
Music Studio Policies:
- Lesson cancellations require a minimum 24 hour notice by phone or e-mail. Please understand that if the Studio is not notified in advance, the instructor is still paid for the missed lesson.
- Make-up lessons will be arranged with any instructor prior to the students next scheduled lesson. Make-up lessons cannot be banked for a later time of your choosing. We will make three attempts to rebook the missed lesson after which the lesson is forfeit.
- If for any reason the child (parent/guardian) decides to stop lessons, the studio must receive two weeks written notice.
- Lesson times are booked on a first-come-first-serve basis with pre-payment required. The Studio does not “HOLD” lesson times for consideration.
- Cancellations initiated by the Studio will be made-up at a time arranged by the Studio.
- Post-dated cheques are required and dated for the 1st of each month.
- NSF payments incur a $20 fee.
Studio closings due to inclement weather will be made-up at a later date. Studio closings will be posted on this website on the home page as well as on the answering machine at (905) 688-5051.